ActiveMQ is a Message Broker that supports many different protocols such as Openwire, AMQP and Stomp. It is really confusing to know:
- what are the differences between using Openwire and AMQP as a base protocol to send and receive messages in the project?
- what are the merits and demerits of any of those protocols over each other?
- Is this possible to use them in a same machine simultaneously?
- Is there any possibility to send a message from the browser using Stomp and receive that message in the server using two other protocols?
For 1 and 2, maybe this page is helpful:
- yes, a single ActiveMQ instance can provide all protocols at the same time
- yes, see AMQP & Openwire – Activemq broker and 2 different consumers
Answered By – mjn
Answer Checked By – Katrina (Easybugfix Volunteer)